Pages

20 February 2012

Dear John

Dear John February Lady Sweater in Rowan Felted Tweed,

I'm sorry, but we can't go on.

It's not you it's me.

You're just too good for me.

Before we met, locking eyes across a crowded John Lewis sale table, I had never experienced a merino/alpaca/viscose blend. I had only known wool/acrylic mixes. You showed me the finer things in life, like the soft, fuzzy halo around you, and our time together has been so very important to me.

But it just isn't working.

I crave clear stitch definition for the gull lace body. I know you are trying, but it is not fair for me to ask that of you. I need a tighter ply, I need to go back to my smooth, synthetic ways.

I'm sorry, but I hope we stay friends. I'll see you around. Maybe, after a break, we could try again with a Vine Yoke cardigan.

Love,

Woolmix

No comments:

Post a Comment